Feed: All Latest Channel Description
- On Top Gun: Maverick, She-Hulk, and the Fear of Liking Thingsby Angela Watercutter on May 20, 2022 at 1:00 pm in Culture, Culture / Culture News, The Monitor
Tom Cruise’s return to the cockpit is getting raves. Meanwhile, Tatiana Maslany’s turn as a green superhero looks like an unnecessary Ally McBeal reboot. What is happening?
- The Private Equity Firm That Grounded Paul Allen’s Dreamby Steven Levy on May 20, 2022 at 1:00 pm in Business, Business / Tech Culture, Plaintext
Plus: A visit to Stratolaunch, the music of the future, and prices America can’t run on.
- Which Google Pixel Phone (and Gear) Should You Buy?by Julian Chokkattu on May 20, 2022 at 1:00 pm in Gear, Gear / Buying Guides, Gear / Products / Phones, Buying Guide
Here’s a guide to all the models—plus case recommendations and hidden software tricks to try.
- The Spendy Somnox 2 Robot Sends You to Slumberlandby Simon Hill on May 20, 2022 at 12:00 pm in Gear, Gear / Reviews, Gear / Products / Health and Fitness, Product Review
This cuddly robotic bedfellow helps you fall asleep faster and sleep better, but the price will give you nightmares.
- Nuclear Fusion Is Already Facing a Fuel Crisisby Amit Katwala on May 20, 2022 at 11:00 am in Science, Science / Environment, Lights Out
It doesn’t even work yet, but nuclear fusion has encountered a shortage of tritium, the key fuel source for the most prominent experimental reactors.
- How to Stay Informed Without Getting Paralyzed by Bad Newsby Jacqueline LeKachman on May 20, 2022 at 11:00 am in Gear, Gear / How To and Advice, Overwhelmed
Every time we look at our phones, it seems something terrible has happened. Here’s how to monitor current events in a healthy way.
- Men Is an Excellent Movie and I Have No Idea Who It’s Forby Eric Ravenscraft on May 20, 2022 at 11:00 am in Culture, Culture / Movies
Alex Garland’s latest cerebral genre piece is a timely bit of storytelling. But the people who need to see it may never seek it out.
- The Online Spider Market Is Massive—and Crawling With Issuesby Eric Niiler on May 19, 2022 at 7:35 pm in Science, Science / Environment, World Wide Web
A new study shows the enormous extent of the global arachnid trade, one that might be undermining wild populations.
- Spyware Vendors Target Android With Zero-Day Exploitsby Lily Hay Newman on May 19, 2022 at 4:00 pm in Security, Security / Cyberattacks and Hacks, Hacks For Hire
New research from Google’s Threat Analysis Group outlines the risks Android users face from the surveillance-for-hire industry.
- This Is How It Feels to Build a Video Game and Watch It Dieby Mark Hill on May 19, 2022 at 1:00 pm in Culture, Culture / Video Games, Sunset
When a “live service” game goes down, it’s a nightmare for the developers whose work vanishes with it.
- The Best Vibrators and Sex Toys for Every Bodyby Jaina Grey, Louryn Strampe on May 19, 2022 at 1:00 pm in Gear, Gear / Buying Guides, Gear / Products / Health and Fitness, Good Vibrations
These are our favorite gender-inclusive adult devices to give you and your partner(s) a helping hand.
- How to Get Started Bikingby WIRED Staff on May 19, 2022 at 12:00 pm in Gear, Gear / Gadget Lab Podcast, Gadget Lab Podcast
This week, we cover the basics of cycling for fun and transportation, including selecting, maintaining, and accessorizing your two-wheeler.
- Do People Caught on Ring Cameras Have Privacy Rights?by Sarah Lageson on May 19, 2022 at 12:00 pm in Ideas, Ideas
Surveillance devices are becoming more ubiquitous. Do those who unknowingly appear in cam footage have rights—and who gets to decide?
- The Almighty Squabble Over Who Gets to Name Microbesby Matt Reynolds on May 19, 2022 at 11:00 am in Science, Science / Environment, Culture War
Scientists are just starting to uncover the vast diversity of microbes out there. The only problem? No one can agree on how to name them.
- Solo Stove’s Pi Is My New Favorite Pizza Ovenby Adrienne So on May 19, 2022 at 11:00 am in Gear, Gear / Products, Gear / Products / Kitchen, Gear / Reviews, Upper Crust
This new pizza oven is compact, looks great, and keeps the handles of my cast-irons cool.
- This Is Where Dirty Old Cars Go to Dieby Chris Stokel-Walker on May 19, 2022 at 11:00 am in Business, Business / Transportation, Science / Environment, Swap Shop
The electric vehicle revolution is gathering speed—but what happens to all those polluting cars already on the road?
- Boeing Is Ready to Launch Starliner, a Rival to SpaceX’s Dragonby Ramin Skibba on May 19, 2022 at 11:00 am in Science, Science / Space, Two’s Company
The company’s uncrewed spacecraft will fly to the International Space Station, and if successful, will give NASA astronauts another way to get to orbit.
- Dredd Deserves a Better Place in Alex Garland’s Filmographyby Amos Barshad on May 19, 2022 at 11:00 am in Culture, Culture / Movies, Movies
Now that the writer-director’s new horror flick Men is about to hit theaters, it’s time to revisit one of his lesser-known movies.
- The Incredible Shrinking Car Dealershipby Aarian Marshall on May 18, 2022 at 5:30 pm in Business, Business / Transportation, auto pay
The way people buy automobiles is changing—so Honda and other manufacturers are adapting in kind.
- Why It’s So Hard to Count Twitter Botsby Will Knight on May 18, 2022 at 4:15 pm in Business, Business / Artificial Intelligence, Business / Social Media, AI Hub, AI Hub / Application / Content moderation, AI Hub / End User / Big company, AI Hub / End User / Research, AI Hub / Sector / Social media, AI Hub / Source Data / Clickstream, AI Hub / Source Data / Text, AI Hub / Technology / Machine learning, Spot Bots
Elon Musk’s method for tracking down bots may be useless, but finding a better formula is tougher than you think.