Breaking NYC News & Local Headlines | New York Post Your source for breaking news, news about New York, sports, business, entertainment, opinion, real estate, culture, fashion, and more.
- Princeton president recommends firing professor who was under sexual misconduct probeby Jesse O’Neill on May 20, 2022 at 6:39 am
An Ivy League professor who was under investigation for sexual misconduct is facing possible termination at Princeton University in what critics call a politically motivated maneuver. The president of the university last week recommended that the board of trustees fire tenured classics professor Dr. Joshua Katz in connection with a relationship he had with a…
- Anna Delvey makes virtual appearance at her NYC art show from federal lockupby Jesse O’Neill on May 20, 2022 at 2:40 am
“I’m so very excited to unveil my first ever art collection titled ‘Allegedly.’ This is a collection of sketches I created while in ICE Orange County Detention.”
- Connecticut cop on leave after gunning down beloved black mama bear Bobbiby Jesse O’Neill on May 20, 2022 at 12:59 am
An off-duty Ridgefield, Connecticut, cop was placed on administrative leave this week after allegedly killing Bobbi, the area’s beloved black bear.
- ‘Pharma bro’ Martin Shkreli seen for first time since early prison releaseby Allie Griffin on May 20, 2022 at 12:22 am
In exclusive photos obtained by The Post, Martin Shkreli was captured sporting a 5 o’clock shadow and appeared disheveled while fidgeting with his phone outside a Brooklyn halfway house.
- Woman charged in war vet’s murder gets time served after plea dealby Priscilla DeGregory on May 20, 2022 at 12:22 am
A woman who was charged in an Afghanistan War veteran’s murder caught a lucky break, striking a plea deal that let her off on time served.
- Ex-college hoopster found shot and burned was innocent bystander in deadly NYC gang war: sourcesby Larry Celona, Georgett Roberts, Craig McCarthy, Jorge Fitz-Gibbon on May 20, 2022 at 12:17 am
A doomed young couple found shot to death and burned beyond recognition in a car at a Bronx park were victims of a deadly gang war sparked by a stolen purse, law enforcement sources told The Post. Nikki Huang and ex-college hoopster Jesse Parrilla, 22, were executed in a series of retaliatory shootings that erupted…
- Who is Riley Roberts? Meet AOC’s web-developer fiancéeby Isabel Vincent, Mary Kay Linge on May 20, 2022 at 12:15 am
Riley Roberts, 29, has worked as a social-media consultant — and as a tireless supporter of his 29-year-old girlfriend’s career.
- Landlord evicts entire building of longtime Manhattan artistsby Hannah Frishberg on May 20, 2022 at 12:12 am
Down a narrow, winding street one block north of the Federal Reserve — past the cobbler, past the secondhand gem seller — an era has quietly come to an end in one of Manhattan’s first skyscrapers.
- Albany reaches deal to keep NYC speed cameras running 24/7by Bernadette Hogan, Zach Williams on May 20, 2022 at 12:02 am
State lawmakers have finalized a deal that would extend and expand New York City’s speed camera program for three years.
- ‘I’m shot!’ Hero Staten Island EMT recounts being shot by patient in ambulanceby Kevin Sheehan, Jesse O’Neill, Craig McCarthy on May 19, 2022 at 11:40 pm
“I was writing down the medications that he should have been taking and … I looked up and there was a gun pointed directly at me. I heard ‘Bang!’
- Manhattan pols ask MTA to let bus riders board thru the back doorby David Meyer on May 19, 2022 at 11:19 pm
The pols led by Manhattan Beep Mark Levine are “concerned” that the MTA has no plan to let bus riders enter through the back door.
- Albany to pass bill giving adult survivors of sexual abuse another year to sueby Zach Williams on May 19, 2022 at 10:50 pm
Survivors of sexual abuse will get a chance to sue their attackers for civil damages for one year under legislation that state lawmakers plan to pass by early June.
- Cops seek 14-year-old in connection with fatal shooting of 11-year-old Bronx girlby Craig McCarthy, Jesse O’Neill on May 19, 2022 at 9:54 pm
NYPD detectives said Thursday that they were searching for a 14-year-old in connection with the deadly shooting of 11-year-old Kyhara Tay by a stray bullet in the Bronx.
- New York Democrats’ gerrymander war pits AOC against Nancy Pelosiby Carl Campanile, Zach Williams on May 19, 2022 at 9:49 pm
The New York Democratic Party’s civil war over its botched gerrymander of congressional districts has reached the national level — pitting AOC against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
- Albany sheriff who charged Cuomo with groping running for state Senate seatby Zach Williams, Bernadette Hogan on May 19, 2022 at 9:18 pm
The longtime lawman is running in the June 28 primary as a Democrat for the newly redrawn 43rd state Senate district that includes Rensselaer County.
- Pamela Anderson’s ‘biggest fan’ is not who you’d expectby Eric Hegedus, Natalie O’Neill on May 19, 2022 at 8:24 pm
It was immediate puppy love between the former “Baywatch” babe and Dash, the 2-year-old Red and White Irish Setter she walks through Central Park.
- Suspect ID’d in slaying of Fairfield Prep’s James McGrath as his dad says ‘sorry’by Joshua Rhett Miller on May 19, 2022 at 7:33 pm
Raul Valle, the Connecticut teen accused of fatally stabbing Fairfield Prep student James McGrath, appeared in court on charges of murder and first-degree assault.
- AOC announces she’s engaged to longtime boyfriend Riley Robertsby Mark Lungariello on May 19, 2022 at 7:26 pm
AOC will see you at the altar.
- NYC Jews latest to claim discrimination after Democrats’ gerrymanderby Carl Campanile, Sam Raskin on May 19, 2022 at 6:55 pm
“The orthodox Jews have been chopped up into five districts! Don’t chop us up! Don’t sprinkle us around! We matter,” Assemblyman Simcha Eichenstein told The Post.
- What is monkeypox? Where it’s spreading and warning signsby Hannah Sparks on May 19, 2022 at 5:58 pm
A “possible” case in NYC was announced Thursday. Experts worry that the virus may be spreading rapidly, just below doctors’ radars, by unconventional means: sex.