Digg Top Stories Digg – What the Internet is talking about right now
- 3D TV Was Supposed To Be The Next Big Thing — What Happened?on May 20, 2022 at 12:36 pm
A couple of years back, we were told that 3D televisions were going to revolutionize home entertainment. Here’s why it was a huge dud.
- A Shooting In Chicago Leaves Two People Dead And Eight Woundedon May 20, 2022 at 12:24 pm
The shooting happened late Thursday a few blocks from the city’s Magnificent Mile shopping district. One person was taken into custody and a weapon was recovered, police said in statement.
- A Hot Dog Hoax Sent Costco’s Stock Tumblingon May 20, 2022 at 11:30 am
No, the store isn’t charging more for its beloved food court combo — but in this meme economy, they may as well.
- A SpaceX Flight Attendant Said Elon Musk Exposed Himself And Propositioned Her For Sex, Documents Show. The Company Paid $250,000 For Her Silenceon May 20, 2022 at 11:21 am
SpaceX paid a flight attendant $250,000 in severance after she accused Elon Musk of exposing himself and offering to buy her a horse in exchange for a sexual massage.
- Assisted Dying Is Now Legal In All Australian Stateson May 20, 2022 at 10:32 am
A ban is still in place in the country’s territories, however, with advocates calling for people there to have the “fundamental right to self-determination.”
- Can A Hangover Improve Your Mental Health? These People Think Soon May 20, 2022 at 10:27 am
Some Reddit users claim they experience a “hangover effect” that relieves their ADHD, depression and anxiety symptoms.
- Twitter’s New Misinformation Policy Aims To Tamp Down Misleading Viral Tweetson May 20, 2022 at 9:48 am
Some timeline spring cleaning.
- Russian Soldier In Ukraine War Crime Trial Pleads For Forgiveness From Victim’s Widowon May 20, 2022 at 8:37 am
Twenty-one-year-old pleads guilty to shooting pensioner in head several times.
- A Meat-Based Man Who Was Not Turned On By The Latest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, And More Of This Week’s ‘One Main Character’on May 20, 2022 at 12:50 am
This week we’ve also got a writer who doesn’t think we should celebrate Father’s Day this year, an astrophysicist scornful of your admiration of the moon and more.
- First Patient Dosed With Experimental Cancer-Killing Virus in New Trialon May 19, 2022 at 9:10 pm
Vaxinia has been shown to shrink cancer tumors in animals, but its real test starts now.
- This 30-Year-Old Steven Wright Set Is A Testament Of His Flawless, One-Liner Geniuson May 19, 2022 at 9:07 pm
Steven Wright will go down as one of the world’s funniest one-liner comedians ever. Here’s why.
- This Is The Story Of A Japanese Man Who’s Obsessed With An Indian Film Superstaron May 19, 2022 at 8:49 pm
Yasuda Hidetoshi is Indian film star Rajnikanth’s biggest fan, and has been for over 20 years. He runs a fan website and travels from Japan to India on release days. Here’s why Hidetoshi has devoted his life to the South Indian film star, and how his fandom all started.
- Icelanders Invite People Visiting Their Country To ‘Outhorse’ Their Emails In Off-The-Wall Tourism Adon May 19, 2022 at 8:24 pm
Inspired by Iceland made a hilarious video encouraging visitors to let the horses of Iceland reply to all of their emails.
- Bill Gates Hosted A Reddit ‘Ask Me Anything’ And Answered A Question About Jeffrey Epstein’s Islandon May 19, 2022 at 8:18 pm
Bill Gates, Microsoft co-founder and world’s fourth-richest person, stopped by Reddit to do his 10th “Ask Me Anything” interview and he didn’t hesitate to answer a question about his relationship with the notorious financier Jeffrey Epstein.
- Why Won’t Tech Companies Stop Violent Videos From Circulating The Web?on May 19, 2022 at 7:56 pm
We have the technology to remove footage of violent events from circulation, even if the videos are edited, but tech companies aren’t willing to do it. A UC Berkeley computer science professor explains why.
- Federer, Nadal And Djokovic’s Professional Tennis Career Accomplishments, Visualizedon May 19, 2022 at 7:53 pm
Men’s tennis has been dominated by three athletes — Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic — for a very long time. Here’s how their three careers stack up next to each other.
- Chris Pratt Goes Up Against The Establishment In ‘The Terminal List,’ A New Amazon Prime Series About Navy SEALson May 19, 2022 at 7:27 pm
Based on the eponymous novel, and starring Chris Pratt, Taylor Kitsch, Constance Wu and more, it begins streaming on July 1, 2022.
- How To Pick The Right Kind Of Smoke And Monoxide Detectors For Every Room In Your Houseon May 19, 2022 at 7:18 pm
You always want to check your local regulations first, for what’s allowed, and after that here’s what you need to know about picking the right detectors for complete home safety.
- Astroworld Lawsuits Claim Almost 5,000 People Were Injured At Deadly Festivalon May 19, 2022 at 7:00 pm
Here are the major legal battles Travis Scott faces.
- Why Your Utility Company Suckson May 19, 2022 at 6:59 pm
Companies that run the electrical grid have long been accused of anti-competitive and abusive practices. Now a massive coalition of 235 organizations is pressuring the Federal Trade Commission to investigate them.
- Rich Parents Are Tapping Into A Baby-Formula Black Marketon May 19, 2022 at 6:59 pm
A very expensive, technically illegal workaround to the formula shortage.
- Ten Of The World’s Deadliest Snakeson May 19, 2022 at 6:58 pm
There are plenty of snakes out there. But which ones are likely to kill you?
- ‘It Tastes Like A Crayola’: When Pepsi Went Blueon May 19, 2022 at 6:57 pm
In 2002, Pepsi asked teens what they wanted out of a cola. Then the company actually acted on their advice.
- Meet The Ronald McDonald Reincarnate Who’s Been Eating A Daily Big Mac For 50 Yearson May 19, 2022 at 6:56 pm
Don Gorske recently completed 50 years of eating a Big Mac everyday. Here’s him back in 2021, when became a record holding Big Mac eater.
- Rick Astley Shares How His Daughter Helped Forever Change His Attitude About Rickrollingon May 19, 2022 at 6:48 pm
Rick Astley explained to Rob Brydon why people pranking folks with “Never Gonna Give You Up” doesn’t get to him.
- Puberty Starts Earlier Than It Used To. No One Knows Whyon May 19, 2022 at 6:23 pm
Some girls are starting to develop breasts as early as age 6 or 7. Researchers are studying the role of obesity, chemicals and stress.
- Watch Vangelis Perform The Oscar-Winning ‘Chariots Of Fire’ At The Panathenaic Stadium In Athenson May 19, 2022 at 6:14 pm
The legendary Greek music producer Vangelis best known for his award winning work on “Chariots of Fire” and “Blade Runner,” passed away on May 19, 2022, at the age of 79.
- Try 42 Korean Snacks For Under 30 Buckson May 19, 2022 at 5:46 pm
We love finding out what other folks snack upon all over the world. Some of our all-time favorites have come from import selections like this.
- Pentagon Official Reveals New Video of Unidentified Object At UFO Hearing And Acknowledges He Can’t Explain Iton May 19, 2022 at 5:13 pm
Deputy Director of Naval Intelligence Scott Bray couldn’t make sense of this object in the sky during a House Intelligence Committee meeting.
- Now This Is Farm To Tableon May 19, 2022 at 5:12 pm
This beautiful indoor gardening solution has already raised hundreds of thousands of dollars on Kickstarter.