Cointelegraph.com News Cointelegraph covers fintech, blockchain and Bitcoin bringing you the latest news and analyses on the future of money.
- Cross-chains in the crosshairs: Hacks call for better defense mechanismsby Cointelegraph By Gareth Jenkinson on August 11, 2022 at 8:00 pm in cross-chain, hackers, attack, security
Cryptocurrency security firms, decentralized finance and cross-chain platforms are stressing the importance of improved defense mechanisms after a spate of hacks and exploits targeting the ecosystem.
- Is it foolish to expect a massive Ethereum price surge pre- and post Merge?by Cointelegraph By Marcel Pechman on August 11, 2022 at 7:55 pm
Backwardation in Ethereum futures shows traders expect ETH to surge and everyone wants the “free” proof-of-work hardfork coins, but investors should also keep an eye on the bears.
- Over 1,900 block-producing nodes in the Solana ecosystem, new report revealsby Cointelegraph By Savannah Fortis on August 11, 2022 at 7:15 pm in Decentralization, Solana
Solana released its first “Validator Health Report” post-wallet hack, which reveals 3,400 validators across six different continents.
- Indian law enforcement accuses WazirX exchange of aiding in laundering of $130Mby Cointelegraph By Derek Andersen on August 11, 2022 at 6:30 pm in KYC, AML, Cryptocurrency Exchange
India’s Enforcement Directorate, which investigates financial crime, has frozen WazirX bank accounts while it looks at transfers from instant loan companies to international wallets.
- Good news for Bitcoin: New CPI data suggests inflation has peaked | Find out now on Market Talks with Tim Warren and Caleb Franzenby Cointelegraph By Adrian J. Permal on August 11, 2022 at 6:00 pm in Bitcoin, Inflation, Cryptocurrencies, Analysis, Market Update, Predictions, Tech Analysis, Video
The CPI numbers are out and they might hold a bullish signal for Bitcoin (BTC). Join us as we discuss this and other topics with Tim Warren, co-host of Coffee N Crypto, and Caleb Franzen.
- dYdX confirms blocking (and unblocking) some accounts flagged in Tornado Cash controversyby Cointelegraph By Turner Wright on August 11, 2022 at 5:42 pm in business, dydx, united states, sanctions, Tornado cash
The platform said it has used compliance vendors to scan for and flag accounts potentially associated with illicit activities, including sanctions lists for many countries.
- Carbon credit NFTs are only effective if burned, experts sayby Cointelegraph By Savannah Fortis on August 11, 2022 at 5:30 pm in Scams, Environment, Sustainability, DAO
Environmental concerns plague both the crypto industry and the world at large. However, if used right, blockchain-based assets could offer some relief.
- BlackRock announces the launch of a new private spot Bitcoin trustby Cointelegraph By Zhiyuan Sun on August 11, 2022 at 4:30 pm in Cryptocurrencies, BlackRock, Bitcoin Trust, Regulation
The move comes one week after its partnership with Coinbase to provide institutional clients with crypto trading access.
- Reinventing yourself in the Metaverse through digital identityby Cointelegraph By Rachel Wolfson on August 11, 2022 at 3:50 pm in Web3, Metaverse, Digital, Digital Asset, Identity, Identification, Social Media, Technology, Decentralization, Analysis
Metaverse users can reinvent themselves with a digital identity built upon avatars and digital assets, but there are challenges to consider.
- South Korea’s financial watchdog wants to ‘quickly’ review crypto legislation: Reportby Cointelegraph By Turner Wright on August 11, 2022 at 3:30 pm in regulation, south korea, government, cryptocurrencies
The FSC will reportedly “make institutional supplements that will take a balanced approach to blockchain development, investor protection and market stability” on bills proposed.
- How to earn interest from crypto saving accountsby Cointelegraph By Emi Lacapra on August 11, 2022 at 3:00 pm in Interest, Crypto Savings
Crypto investors can earn interest via crypto lending by finding a cryptocurrency exchange or DApp that offers a crypto interest account.
- BlackRock Bitcoin fund launch sends BTC price towards $25Kby Cointelegraph By William Suberg on August 11, 2022 at 2:15 pm in Bitcoin, BTC price, BlackRock
The announcement is the “most bullish news” ever for long-term hodlers, one analyst argues as Barry Silbert heralds the arrival of Wall Street.
- Interlay launches trustless BTC stablecoin bridge on Polkadotby Cointelegraph By Arijit Sarkar on August 11, 2022 at 2:00 pm in Polkadot, Bitcoin Payments, Digital Asset, Assets
InterBTC operates as a BTC-backed stablecoin, secured by a decentralized network of overcollateralized vaults, which according to Interlay, resembles MakerDAO’s DAI token.
- 1inch plugs into KuCoin Wallet to improve token swapsby Cointelegraph By Gareth Jenkinson on August 11, 2022 at 2:00 pm in KuCoin, KuCoin Wallet, 1inch Network, DeFi, AMM
1inch Network expands to another cryptocurrency exchange as KuCoin Wallet integrates its automated market maker functionality to improve token swaps.
- The Philippines halts virtual asset provider license applicationsby Cointelegraph By Ezra Reguerra on August 11, 2022 at 1:25 pm in Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas
The Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas said that the closing of VASP applications begins on Sept. 1, 2022, and will last for three years.
- Web3 helps Taiwan secure information against cyberattacksby Cointelegraph By Savannah Fortis on August 11, 2022 at 1:11 pm in Technology, Government, China, Decentralization, Taiwan
In an effort against Chinese cyberattacks, Taiwan employs Web3 technology for decentralized file sharing post-Pelosi visit.
- Ethereum whale transactions peak at 2-month high amid Goerli testnet mergerby Cointelegraph By Prashant Jha on August 11, 2022 at 12:51 pm in Ethereum 2.0, Ethereum Price, Proof-of-Stake, Proof-of-Work
ETH price reached a new 2-month high of $1,919 as institutional inflows saw seven straight weeks of inflows even when Bitcoin has seen a net outflow in the same period.
- How do you pick your next NFT? Community respondsby Cointelegraph By Ezra Reguerra on August 11, 2022 at 12:29 pm in NFT picks
Redditors discussed various strategies on how they pick the next NFT collection they will invest in.
- Bitcoin battles 2-month resistance amid ‘most hated’ stocks rallyby Cointelegraph By William Suberg on August 11, 2022 at 9:46 am in Bitcoin, BTC price, ethereum, eth
Risk assets surge higher after U.S. inflation data, but belief in a sustained uptrend emerging is hardly anywhere to be seen.
- Mark Cuban faces class action lawsuit for promoting Voyager crypto productsby Cointelegraph By Prashant Jha on August 11, 2022 at 9:02 am in Cryptocurrencies, Mark Cuban, Lending
The lawsuit alleged Mark Cuban misrepresented the crypto offerings and services by Voyager and leveraged his years of experience to lure inexperienced customers into investing their life savings.